Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The "pen" drawer

I have this drawer. It was organized with little bins of pens and other writing utensils. Then Hubs tried to "help" clean up when I was out of town and shoved my coupons into this drawer because they were in the same type of bin. One hand injury and a lot of cussing later the drawer ended up looking like this picture.

He really was trying to help but it just made the drawer turn into a mess when I got ticked off and started dumping things. So I spent a few minutes organizing it. And now it looks like this.

And it's pretty. But, I still have like 4 more drawers and a few cabinets to organize. Baby steps!

This week orgjunkie is talking about Daily Maintenance. This is the part of my 2011 goals that I really suck at! I can get something clean and organized but maintaining that order seems to be beyond me. I think I'm just lazy. I'm always thinking to myself: Oh I can do that later. But when later gets here I never do it. I'm either too tired or I think: I can do that later. Thus, "later" never seems to arrive. I think it might be time for "later" to be "now".

Linking up here:
OrgJunkie


2 comments:

  1. Step away from the keyboard.....haha...surfing does eat up a lot of time. Try a timer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the clock as my timer -- not as effective as a 'real' timer might be!

    ReplyDelete