This week was technically Spring Break for my 4 year old. But, since he only goes to school 2 mornings a week it wasn't much different from a normal week. I did get to sleep in. No wait. I didn't. My 10 month old decided this was the week to wake up at 5:00am everyday. The only upside to this was he was (is) also going to bed by 6:00pm most nights.
Anyway, lack of sleep and mommy guilt over the trauma involved in having 5 stitches removed prompted a trip to Toys R Us where I pretty much let J pick out whatever he wanted. He picked this:

This was actually a pretty good choice. It kept him entertained for over 3 hours the first day.

And a couple of hours the next day.

Eventually we had a few meltdowns because he realized I wasn't
actually playing with him. Then we relegated the toy to the bathtub. ;-)

My other sanity saver this week was a GIANT vat of Ooblik. This was one of the best, cheap, easy ideas around! I took a whole box of corn starch and dumped it into a rubbermaid container. Then I added water until it was just goopy enough to stay solid in my hand for a second before melting into goo again. LOVE this stuff! J took all of his "animals" and played sinking games with them. Except he kept saying 'shrinking'. So, I kept hearing dinosaurs yell: I'm shrinking! I'm shrinking! I stuck the tub of goopy stuff in the fridge so that it wouldn't get yucky between play sessions.

Oh and this is what C was doing to occupy himself:
No comments:
Post a Comment