Sunday, April 3, 2011

I've Inspired Someone!

The other day a good friend called. We haven't had the chance to catch up "in real life" in awhile. We've "talked" on facebook but I think that's about it. I answered the phone and she said, "I have something to tell you!" And then she told me that I had INSPIRED her to clean out her pantry and organize it. Did you read that right? Someone else is cleaning because I'm putting my messes up on this blog! WOW.
I gotta say, she has now inspired me! Remember how I said that I had a problem MAINTAINING my clean and organized space?? Well, now I feel like I have to keep inspiring others. Nothing like accountiblility to keep me motivated
Plus, my pantry has turned into a hot mess! I organized it in mid-January. But, it's used EVERY.DAY. A lot. So it gets messy.
And, I had recently chucked a bunch of our crafting stuff from my craft room into the bottom of it. You know, because it suddenly dawned on me that maybe we should paint in the kitchen instead of upstairs?? Duh!

Anyway, I told Hubs that I wanted to work on the pantry today because you could no longer walk into it. So, I took every free minute I had to get it done today.

Which means I worked on it in 15 minute increments pretty much all day. But it's pretty again! And, more organized!


The BIGGEST change I made was to move the cookbooks from the cabinet over the kitchen desk into the pantry.

Now the cabinet looks like this:

And the cookbooks look like this: (I also got rid of a whole box of cookbooks that I just NEVER use!)

And another final look at the pantry :-)

I still have plans to move some of the craft stuff to the bottom of the coat closet that we basically use only for guests or for off-season coats. I'm thinking some LOVELY Elfa shelving from The Container Store ;-)

Thanks Rachel for kicking my butt into gear again ;-)
Coming soon...something FUN and NEW for this door!

Linking up here:
OrgJunkie

3 comments:

  1. It is inspiring to know you are inspiring! Keep up the great work. PS I am jealous of your large walk-in pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy guacamole, your pantry looks fabulous!!!

    Last week my mom, my bff from college, and my friend's sister emailed me to say they were all organizing something because of ME!!! I couldn't believe it. I totally agree with you, I have this feeling of responsibility and accountability and pride that is urging me to stay on the path. Yay for us!!! It may be embarrassing to post pics of our messes, but so worth it knowing we are helping ourselves and others. Keep up the great work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bearded Iris -- I was just at my friend's house yesterday that I "inspired". I told her all about you! And your island. And how mine looks like yours most of the time. Then she told me how hers looks like that too. I'm glad I'm in good company!!! :-)

    Allysgrandma -- there are SOME things I planned REALLY well in this house ;-)

    ReplyDelete