Saturday, April 16, 2011

Where have I been?

It's astonishing. I have no time. I can't spend hours (in 2 minute increments) surfing the spider-webs. I can't read all the organizing blogs I want to during the day. I'm so tired I go to bed right after the boys. What happened (is what I bet you're wondering)??? Well, I'll tell you. I finally started working the 'Establishing Routines' part of my 2011 goals.

I've been...wait for it...CLEANING! Yup, I got my butt in gear and actually started working on those daily tasks that I mapped out a few months ago. I had to tweak them a bit to make more sense with my schedule but I did them all this week! (Well, except for a few that I dubbed Hub's responsibility.) And I felt great! The house looked great. It smelled good in here. It was nice.

And then I realized that actually keeping my house clean is exhausting. I now remember why I never did this in the past! Ha - ;-) But, that's okay. I have a little helper in J. He likes to help me get my chores done so that I can play with him. It's cute. I know someday he'll need all sorts of bribery to entice him to help around the house so I'm soaking up my free help while it's available!

In addition to cleaning my house I organized a few things this week. Except that I did them on the fly and I have no before/after pictures. Sorry! However, I do have a few more things to cross off my 52 list like my sock drawer. I have way too many socks. Way too many! Seriously, I can't figure out why I keep buying them.

But, to keep you entertained, I'll let you know that this sweet face took his first steps today. I can't believe he's 11 months old!

And here's how I looked a year ago... (pardon the quality it was taken with my phone and shakey preggo hands!)


No comments:

Post a Comment