I gave away 6 bags of clothes and 1 of shoes/purses this week. It was hard to get started but once I did I couldn't stop! I gave away ALL the maternity clothes. ALL. OF. THEM. Yes, I had a tiny pang of sadness that I would not be wearing them again. But they took up two whole bags!
Then, I went through all the tubs of clothes that I wore pre-kid. They were cute. And small. And I would NEVER wear them again. I did save the outfit I wore on my wedding day and a pair of pants that I've been dreaming of wearing again. But, the rest went. Four bags of it. And, apparently I had a small love affair with Gap pants at one time. The best part is that I didn't have to lug it anywhere! J's former physical therapist came and lugged it away for me. It was a donation for her church organization. And I love that I cleaned out my closet and a whole shelf in our storage area. Plus, now I have empty bins to sort the baby clothes into.
And, I didn't take any pictures. I know, sad! But, my closet is cleaner. Except in the excitement of cleaning out the clothing I neglected the kitchen sink. Oh well, baby steps!!

Congrats!!!! That is awesome - way to not hold onto things!
ReplyDeleteIt was hard but I did it quick and fast like ripping a band-aid off ;-)
ReplyDelete