Sunday, February 13, 2011

The 52 Week list

I have two '52' projects for 2011. The first is to take a pic of the boys every Sunday. So far I've done really well remembering and I even have a few scrapbooked already. The second project is a list of 52 things to organize (inspired by orgjunkie).

The other night I sat in bed watching tv with Hubs and came up with my 52 week organizing list. It was super easy to come up with the first 20 or so things on my list. Then I was a bit stumped. So, I went back over my list and broke some bigger things down into chunks. For example, I had 'kitchen desk' listed as one thing. I broke his down into cookbook cabinet, J's drawers, and junk drawer. Plus, once I looked at the kitchen desk as a series of small, manageable projects it didn't seem so overwhelming. After this light bulb moment I zoomed through the rest of the list.

I went around the house on Thursday night and started to take a bunch of before pictures so I could see how far I've really come this year. I do have a few projects that I already started or completed that I don't have pictures for but I'm going to check those off my list anyway. I've already finished draft #1 of my household notebook and J's notebook. I've also reorganized the wall in the mudroom & above the kitchen desk. This was more complicated than it sounds because I had quite a few holes to patch on the wall from taking things off or being ripped off. But it's pretty now!

This is a picture of the MESSY desk with the pretty wall above it :-)

Okay, so I maybe should get to work on that desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment